- Log into the server or desktop with the account that you want to run the service as and setup LiveDrive as normally.
- In the config , set it so that it does not run at startup (On advanced tab) and exit the application.
- Download srvany.exe from the Microsoft Windows 2003 Resource Kit (http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=17657)
- After installing the Resource Kit (default in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools), copy srvany.exe into the folder where LiveDrive is installed.
- Run CMD as admin, before entering the below edit to use the correct login details and if you want to change the name of the service
sc create LiveDriveBackU displayName= “LiveDrive BackupUser Service” start= auto obj= “<domain>\<username>” password= “<password>” binPath= “C:\Program Files (x86)\Livedrive\srvany.exe”
It will then give a message [SC] CreateService SUCCESS
- Open Regedit and go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LiveDriveBackU ” LiveDriveBackU is the name of the service that was created
- Create a key under this service by right clicking on the service and doing new > key and call it Parameters
- within Parameters create a string value called Application then right click on this and add the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Livedrive\Livedrive.exe
- Create another string value within Parameters and call it AppParameters with the relevant parameters for /autostart –noshow_confirmation_dialog_on_delete
- Open services.msc and look for the service that was created, go to logon and update the password, (I found that it does not get pulled through correctly)
- then start the service
If you need to change settings using the app, stop the service then open the application, then once changes are done close the desktop app then start the service.